Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier: Sansui 8080db problem. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have a problem with my amplifier. The dials and meters are working correctly except the amp meter is measuring no output. There is no sound even though my speakers are plugged in. What could have caused this?

dust.

Your answer may well exist here:

**broken link removed**

I don't recommend fiddling with the innards of any amp unless you are familiar with the dangers that exist by doing so.

bloodthirstypsychotic said:
Hello. I have a problem with my amplifier. The dials and meters are working correctly except the amp meter is measuring no output. There is no sound even though my speakers are plugged in. What could have caused this?

dust.
:D hi,

you could start checking the output stage first, then the driver stage, the pre-driver stage, the Vbe multiplier and lastly the input stage.

above recommendation is based on the assumption that you have the schematics of that unit, that you know how to check transistors in-circuit with power on and off state. sounds complicated?

then my best suggestion is bring it to a competent service/repair shop. :? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back