Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier problems Sony str-de-425

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleco wizz

Hi There
Is anyone familiar with the sony Str-de-425 as mine goes into protect mode all the time.
I would like to get a wiring diagram if possible
Thanking you
Pete :cry:

Eleco wizz said:
Hi There
Is anyone familiar with the sony Str-de-425 as mine goes into protect mode all the time.
I would like to get a wiring diagram if possible
Thanking you
Pete :cry:

There are five amplifiers in the STR-DE425, three have discrete output stages with IC drivers, the other two are single IC's. You need to test the outputs from them to see if one has a DC standing voltage on it, all five connect into the same protection circuit. Probably one of the easiest places to measure is on the speaker switching relays!.

A common cause is often dry (cold soldered) joints on output IC's.

I've got a manual on Sony Assist, but they are password protected PDF files - and the password is provided by the Assist program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back