Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

amplifier instability

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the 4.5mV not the max difference allowed between the positive and negative input? I will be setting the negative input with the pot so it is as close as possible to the positive input. the difference will then be 0-20mV approximately. please let me know if i have misunderstood this

is the 4.5mV not the max difference allowed between the positive and negative input? I will be setting the negative input with the pot so it is as close as possible to the positive input. the difference will then be 0-20mV approximately. please let me know if i have misunderstood this

hi,
If you consider the MCP opa unsuitable I would suggest you do a search for an opa that is designed to work from a single +5V supply and has rail2rail output swing with zero offset/or a nulling feature.

Attachments

• opa251.pdf
    632.7 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
sorry, i think i misunderstood the datasheet. i thought the max input offset voltage was the max differential voltage. i will try an MCP and see if its ok although the OPA241 has the same pin out as my 741 so may try that instead

sorry, i think i misunderstood the datasheet. i thought the max input offset voltage was the max differential voltage. i will try an MCP and see if its ok although the OPA241 has the same pin out as my 741 so may try that instead
hi,
When making experimental PCB's it a good idea to use IC DIL sockets were possible.

Lets know what you find during test.

The input offset voltage is the output error voltage when the DC gain of the opamp is 1. So if the max input offset voltage is 3.5mV, the DC gain of the opamp is 1 and the output DC voltage is supposed to be +2.5V then the output DC voltage will actually be from +2.4965V to +2.5035V. But the voltage divider resistors that set the +2.5V will have much more error.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back