Ampilfying Audio Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know why you even need a op amp chip, i just use a power transistor and it does the trick... very well and no need for resitors or caps just the transistor and wire.

this is a rubbis drawing in paint but it is the best i can do.

Attachments

• amp_274.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 555
danielsmusic said:
i dont know why you even need a op amp chip, i just use a power transistor and it does the trick... very well and no need for resitors or caps just the transistor and wire.

this is a rubbis drawing in paint but it is the best i can do.

It's also a totally rubbish "circuit" and wouldn't work! - I hate to think what audioguru will have to say about it? - although he might be too stunned to comment :lol:

I was basing my drawing off of this...

**broken link removed**

What does that drawing do differently than mine?

LiNx said:
I was basing my drawing off of this...

**broken link removed**

What does that drawing do differently than mine?

It's got R5, R6, R7 and R8 - these make it a crude mixer, but the simple addition of an opamp and one more resistor would make it a 'proper' mixer.

As it is, adjusting one pot will affect the volumes of all the others to some extent - whereas your circuit (without the resistors) will affect it to a HUGE extent, and turning one completely down will mute all the channels.

Alright - another revision... Can somebody tell me if this will work if I put my LM386 on the out of this circuit?

Attachments

• audio_004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 531
oh dear now what do i do ? looks like i had better bridge them tda2009 good job i got two. thanks for saving me an embarisment

LiNx said:
Alright - another revision... Can somebody tell me if this will work if I put my LM386 on the out of this circuit?

It still won't work properly as it's not a virtual earth mixer, so the pots will interact just as before! - why don't you just do it properly?, an opamp and a feedback resistor! - there are a great many simple designs on the net, and even on these forums in other threads!.

Here's a link to one from another thread, if you don't want mike inputs you just ignore the mike preamps **broken link removed**.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…