Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ampilfying Audio Output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know why you even need a op amp chip, i just use a power transistor and it does the trick... very well and no need for resitors or caps just the transistor and wire.

this is a rubbis drawing in paint but it is the best i can do.

Attachments

• amp_274.jpg
    amp_274.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 555
danielsmusic said:
i dont know why you even need a op amp chip, i just use a power transistor and it does the trick... very well and no need for resitors or caps just the transistor and wire.

this is a rubbis drawing in paint but it is the best i can do.

It's also a totally rubbish "circuit" and wouldn't work! - I hate to think what audioguru will have to say about it? - although he might be too stunned to comment :lol:

I was basing my drawing off of this...

**broken link removed**

What does that drawing do differently than mine?

LiNx said:
I was basing my drawing off of this...

**broken link removed**

What does that drawing do differently than mine?

It's got R5, R6, R7 and R8 - these make it a crude mixer, but the simple addition of an opamp and one more resistor would make it a 'proper' mixer.

As it is, adjusting one pot will affect the volumes of all the others to some extent - whereas your circuit (without the resistors) will affect it to a HUGE extent, and turning one completely down will mute all the channels.

Alright - another revision... Can somebody tell me if this will work if I put my LM386 on the out of this circuit?

Attachments

• audio_004.jpg
    audio_004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 529
oh dear now what do i do ? looks like i had better bridge them tda2009 good job i got two. thanks for saving me an embarisment

LiNx said:
Alright - another revision... Can somebody tell me if this will work if I put my LM386 on the out of this circuit?

It still won't work properly as it's not a virtual earth mixer, so the pots will interact just as before! - why don't you just do it properly?, an opamp and a feedback resistor! - there are a great many simple designs on the net, and even on these forums in other threads!.

Here's a link to one from another thread, if you don't want mike inputs you just ignore the mike preamps **broken link removed**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back