Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amp transistors equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_maratha

Hi everybody . I want to know about the equivalent power transistor of
MJL4281A (NPN) and MJL4302A (PNP), and MJE15034 (NPN) and MJE15035 (PNP). Can anyone guide me about audio power amplifier . I am currently using 2N3055 amp and want to build a new more powerful amp near about 200 Watt .I am unable to get get these power transistor and looking for their equivalents...

We don't know which transistors are available in your country. Why don't you find a circuit from your country?

Is this the Amp you are building?

**broken link removed**

There are some important updates to this project, as shown below.
Recent testing has shown that with the new ON Semi transistors it
is possible to obtain a lot more power than previously.
The original design was very conservative, and was initially
intended to use 2SA1492 and 2SC3856 transistors (rated at 130W)
- with 200W (or 230W) devices, some of the original comments
and warnings have been amended to suit.

Here is an AMP Rated at 20,000 Watts

Attachments

• 20kw.gif
    20kw.gif
    160 KB · Views: 916
Wow, that looks like it needs its own power station!

Hero999 said:
Wow, that looks like it needs its own power station!

Considering you can only draw 3KW from a single UK 13A socket, and considerably less from an American 120V outlet, it would certainly need it's own electricity supply.

In the 20kW amp, it looks like class-G is used to switch the power supply voltages for the 50 output transistors. Then at low levels the supply voltages are low for less heating.

Thanks for so much replies, But I still can't find the equivalents for the transistors which I have asked. Can anybody have any suggestions for building a audio amp for sub-woofer then plz reply....

sahil_maratha said:
Thanks for so much replies, But I still can't find the equivalents for the transistors which I have asked. Can anybody have any suggestions for building a audio amp for sub-woofer then plz reply....

As you don't have your location filled in we've no idea where you might be?. But why not just order the correct transistors from another country?.

These sort of designs are usually based around specific transistors, and although (as suggested) there are different ones (perhaps even higher spec) you can use, these are likely to be just as hard to get hold of, and as expensive.

sahil_maratha said:
Hi everybody . I want to know about the equivalent power transistor of
MJL4281A (NPN) and MJL4302A (PNP), and MJE15034 (NPN) and MJE15035 (PNP). Can anyone guide me about audio power amplifier . I am currently using 2N3055 amp and want to build a new more powerful amp near about 200 Watt .I am unable to get get these power transistor and looking for their equivalents...
Just use some more high gain transistors (6-10) but lower watage (100+W or so) in paralel. U'l have to redim the emiter resistor to...let's say ...0.75 ohms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back