Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

American Transistor Substitutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravi

Hi Friends :)

I'm making some alarm projects and I wanted to know the substitutes for these American transistors. It is very difficult to find these 2N types in my country (Sri Lanka). Most commonly available ones are "BC Series". Therefore appreciate very much if you indicate 'BC types' as far as possible.

2N 2905 PNP
2N 3904 NPN
2N 3906 PNP - I think the sub. is BC557
2N 3704 NPN
2N 3702 PNP

Thanks & regards

Dear Phasor

I think you have not understood what I say. These transistors are NPN & PNP types. Numbers are:

2N2905, 2N3904,2N3906,2N3704 & 2N3702. I found these in a alarm ckt book. I want to try these ckts. But the problem is that they are not available here. Only BC series are there. But 2N3055 power transistor is available.
Please help me if you can or give me a website where I can see sustitutes.

Have a nice day!

I had a quick look at the datasheets - these transistors are all fairly similar. You could probably replace all the NPN types with BC549 and PNP types with BC559.

Many thanks Phasor. This is not the first time you help me in a situations like this. I sincerely appreciate.

Regards

Ravi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back