Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Am Modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try these two circuits, no integrated circuits there.

JimB

Attachments

• Series Modulation.JPG
    Series Modulation.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 554
  • Plate and Screen Modulation.JPG
    Plate and Screen Modulation.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 530
Use diode ring modulator. it might need toroid input and output transformers, if you are working in RF range. otherwise suitable transformers may be used.

Next possibility is to use Mini Circuits Mixers like SBL1, etc

Hi Vikaschawlacv,

Here's one, . . . of many.

on1aag.

Attachments

• AM.PNG
    AM.PNG
    16.4 KB · Views: 310
  • AM graph.PNG
    AM graph.PNG
    17.2 KB · Views: 235
  • AM FFT.PNG
    AM FFT.PNG
    17.2 KB · Views: 247
JimB said:
Try these two circuits, no integrated circuits there.

JimB

I like these answers. The scary thing is that I understand them. Yup, we must be "geezers".

I understand the MOSFET idea but not the valve idea as I'm too young to understand that. :D

vikaschawlavc said:
Can Anyone Give Me Am Modulator Circuit ( Without Using Ic's) .

Ple Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there are different circuits employing AM.you can search the net yourself if you want to. i will mention the names.
AM using lograthimic amplifiers
using nonlinear devices with a bp filter
bridge diode modulator
ring modulator.

regards

Nigel Goodwin said:
But did you understand the question?

Yes the question is as bad as it gets, but unfortunately the only AM modulators I know are radio devices.
But at least I did suggest something without an IC.

JimB

JimB said:
Yes the question is as bad as it gets, but unfortunately the only AM modulators I know are radio devices.
But at least I did suggest something without an IC.

I've no problem with valves, although the cathode follower circuit is a bit 'nasty' :D I far prefer the normal anode modulation using a transformer as your second example. You can also cathode modulate the PA valve, which is probably the simplest method? - but it suffers from similar limitations as the cathode follower example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back