Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Alternative Photo-reflective sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im designing a robot that needs to detect a reflective surface. The
QRD1113/4 looks like it would work but the availability is not great in this country.

Does anyone know of any similar sensors that are more common and still relatively cheap?

Thanks
Mark

This country?...???

Like an LED and photodiode or photo transistor you mean? You know the working distance is less than half an inch right?

Oh yeh sorry. The United Kingdom.

I dont think i will have the time to design and build one for myself (using LED and photo-transistor) so Im trying to find a component to do it. I've found the 'HOA0708' which looks like it might be quite good. Not especially cheap though.

The height issue is ok as the sensors will be mounted very close to the ground.

Audio, don't forget about Jay Slovak and Bryan1:

Attachments

• Jay.slovak.jpeg
    Jay.slovak.jpeg
    1.8 KB · Views: 266
  • bryan1.gif
    bryan1.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips