Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Algebra Tutorials???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneshane1

Just wanted to know if anyone knows of any good online Algebra Tutorials, as i know nothing about algebra, NOTHING AT ALL, and really want to learn, I've searched google alot but cant seem to find a site that i can understand.

[EDIT] This subject is closed.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
"If we were over 100 times the size we are now, then wouldn't what we already have be nanotechnology!!!"

no

drolex said:
"If we were over 100 times the size we are now, then wouldn't what we already have be nanotechnology!!!"

no

Would you care to enlighten me on how you have come up with such a technical answer?

Krumlink said:
Math and calculus!

well the way i see it is that if a person was say 500 times the size of earth and they had a normal sized TV in there hand, they would not even see it, a piece of hair on there arm would be much much larger than the TV!!!

So how is nanotechnology any different to a normal sized person holding a TV that is much much smaller than a piece of hair?

Going small, your limit is molecules. Going big, your limit would be black hole sized mass. Two completely unique problems that would not be encountered by your 500*Earth size person or the TV he was holding.

Mike.

The average cell in our bodies is about 50 micrometers. A micrometer = 10^(-6) meters. A nano meter is much smaller at 10^(-9) meters.

From wikipedia:
"Nanotechnology refers broadly to a field of applied science and technology whose unifying theme is the control of matter on the atomic and molecular scale, generally 100 nanometers or smaller, and the fabrication of devices with critical dimensions that lie within that size range."

100 nanometers is still smaller than 1 micrometer. Nanotechnology is about making things as small as possible. The smallest atom Helium is approximately 1 angstrom which is 0.1 nm.

Yes, if humans were 100 times larger then my computer mouse would be very small, but the size of nanotechnology is a constant. I do not think it is a relative thing. Plus, if my mouse is on the base scale (meter technology) and if I were 100 times larger and if the technology size was relative then wouldn't the mouse be centimeter technology?

I have to agree with the crowd here. Every time I've seen that .sig I thought "No, it wouldn't be nanotechnology--but the buttons would sure be inconveniently small."

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back