Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with resonance algebra

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyb0rg777

I was figuring up some resonant circuits.
I haven't had time to learn latex very well so I'll try to do the best I can.
So I started with this resonant formula.

[latex]F=\frac{1}{2\pi sqrt {LC}}[/latex]

I found the value for L with a 20pf capacitor at 440mhz by changing it to this formula.

[latex]L=\frac{\frac{\frac{1}{F}}{2\pi}^2}{C}[/latex]

Now I'm looking for how many turns of an air core inductor I need to make a 6.5419nH coil with a diameter of 3.175mm(.125") and 12.7mm(.5") length.

I'm starting with this formula.

[latex]L=\frac{.001 N^2 r^2}{228r+254l}[/latex]

L= inductance in henries
r=radius in meters
l=length in meters
N= number of turns

So I rearranged it to this to get the number of turns.

[latex]N=sqrt(\frac{L(228r+254l)}{.001r^2})[/latex]

But when I check my answer it comes out wrong. :(
Could you help me out ?
My math is not very good.

Last edited:
I think I got it .
I might have been forgetting to take the square root on the last formula.
It comes up to 1.6 turns .I think I'll try it with a smaller capacitor to get more turns.

I was hoping to adjust the coils by spreading them apart and squeezing them together but I've never built anything like that from scratch.From following a set of instructions yes but not from my own design.

Spread apart is often best because it will keep the parasitic capacitance as low a as possible and a long and thin coil is supposed to be better than a long a short and fat coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back