Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Algebra/Calc books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
Can anyone recommend any decent books for brushing up on Algebra and heading right on into Calculus? I'd prefer to keep it to a single volume to start with that at least gives good fundamentals.

Online refrences are welcome, but paper books would be appreciated too. We have a pretty good library system here so I can get pretty much anything. Thanks for the link eric.

Can anyone recommend any decent books for brushing up on Algebra and heading right on into Calculus? I'd prefer to keep it to a single volume to start with that at least gives good fundamentals.

Most calculus books have an algebra review chapter, but I think this is only useful if your just needing a brush up in algebra. Your better off to develop a strong algebra background before moving on to calculus. The two books I mention above can be had for under $30.0 plus shipping and I would strongly stress the Blitzer book first.

So did you decide on a book? Have you found a good one?

I'm gonna go with the online links that Eric posted if I can't find someone that can provide better references that I can get at the local library, the two books you posted mike are not available at my library.

Sorry my links did not help. I have had a major struggle with math and have purchased many math books in an attempt to grasp math. The best book I found was the Blitzer book. May be worth the 15 bucks.

Depending on your math level.
Another really good book is Beginning Algebra By Lial, Miller, Horsnsby

I've saved a link to this thread, I may very well do that.

Algebra/calculus books

If you don't mind 2nd hand books, you can a variety for very cheap through betterworldbooks.com, e.g. Anton's "Calculus" was $4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back