Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Air Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong.

The car is a a good idea. Has been seen many time.

The problem is the idea of using the exhaust to compress the air as described in the clip is a perpetual motion device. How wrong is that !

Steam engines are very similar to this car. They used a second cylinder to extract the pressure/energy left in the exhaust. I would thing these people are are already doing that.

3v0

Why do people bother with this nonsense? You will probably get more efficiency from a rubber band driven car.

Mike.

Doesn't matter if it air or rubber band powered, energy in will always be less than energy out. Doesn't compressed air get really hot when it expands and very cold contracting?

Doesn't matter if it air or rubber band powered, energy in will always be less than energy out. Doesn't compressed air get really hot when it expands and very cold contracting?
I understand that and if one put the same work into a high tech rubber band one might come up with a similar or better solution. A short range car like this could be useful. I think 16 thousand is about 3 times what I would pay for one.

Air (anything?) gets hot when you compress it and cold when you allow it to expand. That is how air conditioning works. Which leads me to think that these cars would be very easy to air condition. Simply mix exhaust with fresh air to obtain the target temperature.

3v0

Ahh got it backwards thanks 3v0, a can of compress air gets really frosty.

And 3 Miles for rubber bands, amazing. Spend the afternoon winding them and if one snaps that's a major ouch if it hits you!

At least you won't have to worry about airconditioning.

Here's a harebrained idea. If you used braking energy to compress "fuel", you could pass it through an intercooler which has a "cold reservoir" to use the otherwise wasted cold exhaust.
They probably already do that, or run a Stirling engine on it, or something.

Jimminey Christmas! Thank God the idea of a rubber band powered car never turned out to be as big as that image you posted Blueroom!!! It took me 3 minutes to scroll horizontally and then another 2 minutes vertically!!

I'd like to see that applied to an 18-wheeler hauling 30 tons of goods!

Last edited:
I don't understand a rubber band car, and don't expect it can do any favor.
I'm researching on a fart car. People who want to travel can take cooked potatoes and get into the car.Fart! Boooooooom...! Some people can reach miles depending on capacity absolutely at no cost! Wah..same effect of a perpetual machine. I'm going for a patent on my idea.

Boiled potatoes don't give me gas, will your patent cover baked beans or just potatoes?
If I stop moving does my ass catch on fire?

I did a prior art search for your patent and it appears you may be too late...
**broken link removed**

I just hope I can get that image out of my mind... Ewww

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back