Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Affordable Ni-Mh battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

santod

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong category.

I am looking for a charger for my AA 4.8 2300mAh NI-MH battery. I don't know what exactly I need, but it should be something affordable and I would like to be able to easily plug it in using the pins battery already has (or please tell me what else I need?).

Also - does it matter how I plug it in? Red-to-red, black-to-black or whatever?

I would be grateful if you recommended something and maybe provided few links.

thanks

This is my battery:
**broken link removed**

My Energizer Ni-MH battery charger for four AA cells is stupid:
1) It doesn't sense that a cell is already charged and doesn't sense that a partially discharged cell is almost fully charged so it cooks them by charging for a set time with a timer.
2) It severely over-charges and cooks lower capacity Ni-Cad AA cells because it doesn't sense that a cell is fully charged, it is simply a timer.
3) If the cells have finished charging and the timer shuts off the charging but the power fails, then it begins severely over-charging the fully charged cells over again.

A Ni-MH battery charger needs to use a smart Ni-MH battery charger IC.

i just use the old phone w/ charger to charge mine up. and yes, red should be positive and black negative, but check w/ your voltmeter to be sure, never assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back