Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice for MPLAB X please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljcox

I imported my project from MPLAB 8.92 into MPLAB X successfully but can't simulate it like I do with 8.92.

The tutorial indicates that I need a device such as PIC KIT3 between the computer & the PIC.

But I want to do it in MPLAB X only as I do in 8.92. I have not been able to find how to do this in the tutorials.

I think I may have clicked on the wrong tool. I think I chose Simulator.

The attachment shows the window at which I grind to a halt. Any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IDE window.jpg
    IDE window.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 227
Len,
You need to set a break point(before you run it) or hit the pause button. It is running continuously.

Mike.
Edit, I see you have some delays in your code. These will take a long time to execute in the simulator so it might be an idea to rem them out.

When you set up your project, under the configuration menu make sure that you select Simulator instead of a programming device.

(BTW, this should probably not be posted in the Oshonsoft section.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back