Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adjust signal (monostable 555 timer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshidk

Hello everyone

Im building a clapswitch, and i have most of it working, but i ran into a problem
The schematic is here:
**broken link removed**

The purpose of the circuit is, when sharp noises are sound (like when you clap your hands), it will make a 230V relay open or close. Then this relay can controll ie the bedroom lights..

My problem is after the first op amp, a clap will produce several pulses, i think its because of ecco, and the counter will count all of them, so i need some way to turn these signals into one
I made a paint illustrate, the first graph is the Output from IC1, and the second is what i want for input at pin14 at IC2
**broken link removed**
My signal can drop from "high to low" as well as illustratet here with "low to high"

My first thought was a Monostable 555 timer, and i found this schematic (R=80 kohm, C=0,1 uF = 0,088 sec)
**broken link removed**

But i cant get any output on the 555 timer, what am i doing wrong?

Also, is there an easier way to solve my problem of removing the "ecco spikes"?

Thank you
Jeppe Clausen

A clap switch circuit is stupid because it is activated by any sound like a dog barking.
Echoes also cause a clap switch to be activated. Maybe you live in an Italian washroom. Replace the ceramic tiles on your floor with carpet.

None of your attached schematics can be seen.

What ever you do, you'll do yourself a big favor by adding to your clap detection circuit a 555 "bounce-less switch" circuit before the relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back