Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding TL431

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronv

Most Helpful Member
I'm trying to add a TL431 to my files in LT Spice. I modified a LT1009 and added it to my symbol files under New/LT431 and added the sub file to my New/TL4431.sub file. No go..:(
I don't see a sub file for the LT1009 so I suspect I'm not putting the sub file in the right place. Can anyone help?

*SRC=TL431;TL431;Voltage Ref.;;
*SYM=TL431
.SUBCKT TL431 7 6 11
* K A FDBK
.MODEL DCLAMP D (IS=13.5N RS=25M N=1.59
+ CJO=45P VJ=.75 M=.302 TT=50.4N BV=34V IBV=1MA)
V1 1 6 2.495
R1 6 2 15.6
C1 2 6 .5U
R2 2 3 100
C2 3 4 .08U
R3 4 6 10
G2 6 8 3 6 1.73
D1 5 8 DCLAMP
D2 7 8 DCLAMP
V4 5 6 2
G1 6 2 1 11 0.11
.ENDS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi Ron,
This is a full set of files for a TL431.

E

Hi Eric and thanks!

Where do I save the subcircuit file and as what kind of file (.sub, .lib. or .mod)

I try to put my new stuff in a folder named NEW. So usually I use new/lt431 for the symbol and new/lt431.sub for the subcircuit. But it doesn't work in this case.

Hi Eric and thanks!

Where do I save the subcircuit file and as what kind of file (.sub, .lib. or .mod)

I try to put my new stuff in a folder named NEW. So usually I use new/lt431 for the symbol and new/lt431.sub for the subcircuit. But it doesn't work in this case.

hi Ron,
The TL431.lib goes into C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib
and the TL431.asy goes into C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib\sym

Then on your asc circuit diagram you use .include TL431.lib

The .sub is not required.

E.

hi Ron,
This is the TLV431, 1.24V nominal Vref [ adjustable]

Run the asc file to try it out.

E.

Last edited:
Seems like you walked me thru tis once before... :eek:

Here are the screen shots of the saves.

Drives me nuts. But it's a short trip. :rolleyes:

hi,
On your 1st image, just click on the 'arrow' in the 'Save as type'. that should display all the other 'lib' files in that folder, then just click 'SAVE'.

This is an image of my lib folder.

Ahhh. It had to go in the sub file not the library file.

Many thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back