Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding flash memory to microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

hani_a

hello people,

has anyone used flash memory before? does anyone know how to connect it to a microcontroller? i'm using an atmega16 and i need to add at least 1MB of flash memory to the microcontroller. Any helpful websites, hints.. will be appreciated,

hani a.

check www.avrfreaks.org and go to the user projects section, I believe you'll find it under Academy. There are a couple projects that deal with adding external flash to AVR's... as well as hard drives.

The easiest way to add memory is to get a AVR with an external memory interface. It will let you connect memory with no extra hardware or software. You will be able to access it just like internal sram.

Brent

thanks people!!

for anyone trying to add flash memory to ur microcontroller:
there's excellent help here:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back