Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding C feature to AVR studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody that has downloaded AVR Studio (I have version 4.11 seems to be the latest) you can program in assembly.

But how can you add in a third party software so you can program in C?

Hang out at avrfreaks.net, there's a lot more AVR, and avr-gcc specific stuff over there.

There's a port of the gcc C compiler (usually referred to as "avr-gcc") that works with the AVR line of chips, and apparently the AVR studio has some hooks for it. I haven't used AVR studio in any depth since the 3.5 days, so I have no idea how to set it up though.

GCC is inherently a command-line program, and coming from a unix background, I usually work at the prompt.

I'm detecting a trend here. Does Google not work in Pakitan, Multan? Durn them consarned government censors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back