Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adding aux to old boombox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramanta

hi im ramanta from indonesia

i try to add an aux in to my old boombox, the reference from here https://cocodrilabs.wordpress.com/2012/04/05/installing-an-auxiliary-input-on-a-stereo/

i already got it working, but the problem is the potentiometer(volume). Only one channels work

my boombox has 2 IC Amp, one for each channel. I already try to connect the source(ipod) directly to the amp (without the pots), work like a charm. But the sound is to loud and distorsed

Attachments

• zdxfcvbn.jpg
    zdxfcvbn.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
check the pot for failure
COnsider using the fixed resistor divider.

Welcome to ETO, Ramanta!

Recheck your wiring with the pots in place. Since both channels work with a direct connect, a mis-wired pot is the most likely problem.

You also forgot to insert the 0.1 or 0.22uF caps (try them both, separately, for what you consider the "best" sound) in series with the signal from the pot(s) to the input of the amps (as per the instructions you included). The caps are necessary for isolating the iPOD circuitry from the amp inputs (among other issues).

Welcome to ETO, Ramanta!

Recheck your wiring with the pots in place. Since both channels work with a direct connect, a mis-wired pot is the most likely problem.

You also forgot to insert the 0.1 or 0.22uF caps (try them both, separately, for what you consider the "best" sound) in series with the signal from the pot(s) to the input of the amps (as per the instructions you included). The caps are necessary for isolating the iPOD circuitry from the amp inputs (among other issues).

i already put the capacitor hehe look at the attached picture :)

i also tried 3 different pots, same result. im using a stereo test app in android to test the left right channel

Why not attenuate signal and use Mic in?

i also tried 3 different pots, same result. im using a stereo test app in android to test the left right channel

You more than likely are wiring your pots in wrong. One end of the pot goes to ground. The sweeping tap goes to the amplifier inputs and the other end connection goes to your signal input source.

If its set up right the sweeping tap will have a range from common ground (Zero volume) all the way up to full input signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back