Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adding an SD card reader to a project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bughunter

I have an existing project I wish to augment with an SD Card reader/writer but I'm not having any luck finding parts or kits for this.

All my google searches result in either SBCs and uP/uC eval boards, or commercial equipment like cameras, etc.

Can anyone help me by pointing me to a dev kit for SD read/write capability? Or even suggest the search terms I should be using (that's half the battle).

Thanks in advance!

I can't go into any detail; I would like to interface a SD card slot to an existing FPGA-based camera. I have a 5MP CMOS imager and a FPGA with enough capacity to do windowing, color compensation, etc, before shipping it out to an external NTSC encoder. I'd like to replace the NTSC encoder with a SD chipset so I can store the images in digital format instead of encode them to video.

Even if you can help me with google terms, I'd be grateful. "SD Card Reader Chipset" appears to be the most useful, leading me to the SD Association website:

- Home - SD Association

However, this doesn't appear to be very developer friendly, unless you're a Sony or Panasonic type consumer electronics company.

I'm ready to just give up and use a USB chipset and a $15 card reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back