Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Adder with two data registers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

Hello
I made diagram where I have connected Adder with two data register. I want to add data register for immediate value. I dont know which Ic is used for Immediate value. also I am not sure that diagram I have posted is right . how to add register that will store temporary data
upload_2014-12-27_2-6-30.png

Hi,
The circuit seems OK provided you will connect the input clock to its drive to enter the input data.
The Carry in of the 4008 need to be connected, if no data for it then ground it. never leave a CMOS input not connected.
74573,74574 are TTL 8 bit latches, also 373 and 374 are 8 bit latches with different pin configuration. If you need only 4 bit you may use 74190 counter , just use the load function and forget the count, all the "S,LS,HC" etc.....
for CMOS use 4034 for 8 bit and 4029 counter/latch for 4 bit

Hi,
The circuit seems OK provided you will connect the input clock to its drive to enter the input data.
The Carry in of the 4008 need to be connected, if no data for it then ground it. never leave a CMOS input not connected.
74573,74574 are TTL 8 bit latches, also 373 and 374 are 8 bit latches with different pin configuration. If you need only 4 bit you may use 74190 counter , just use the load function and forget the count, all the "S,LS,HC" etc.....
for CMOS use 4034 for 8 bit and 4029 counter/latch for 4 bit
thank you very much for your reply. this is my old thread. If you want to help me please look my latest thread
here is link https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/clock-speed.143361/#post-1205286

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back