Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Adc using 555 timer - delta modulator 2012-08-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

bananasiong submitted a new article:

ADC Using 555 Timer - Delta Modulator - With the availability of the powerful micro controller in the modern era, people tend to forget the

With the availability of the powerful micro controller in the modern era, people tend to forget the ordinary ICs. All the creativity has been replaced by the programming codes. This article illustrates the usefulness of the classic 555 timer as a Delta Modulator ADC.

Schematic

View attachment 45026

Parts List (main):

555 timer – NE555 x 2
Resistor – 100, 680, 740, 3.3k x 2, 10k, 47k, 51k
Capacitor – 47n, 100n x 2, 3.3u x 3
Diode –...

Read more about this article...

Bananasioug, I agree with your statement that creativity being replaced with code. Congrats on this very creative entry, and good luck at the judging! :)

Code is cheaper, infinitely copyable (with little to no cost per copy), and generally you end up with reduced part count. I also take issue with a statement that implies coding is not creative. I strongly beg to differ...

BTW - your project is still a pretty cool application of 555s - I hope you do well!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back