Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC Capacitive Sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra1

Hi me again

I have just come across this

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/11/01298A.pdf

Whilst looking for a capacitive touch IC. It seems that it is now possible to do this using that ADC channels on a PIC.

It says it works using a CVD "Capacitive Voltage Divider" and requires no external components.
Does anyone know anything about this. I havnt yet had chance to read the application data yet, but what i did read was that when you touch the pin for the relevant ADC its voltage will drop. Is this something that happens anyway with an ADC channel??

Im hoping there isnt too much coding involved in this as i would like to do this using flowcode (still on my training wheels, lol)

This approach depends on charge spitting between the internal capacitance at the ADC input, and a external capacitance which is effected by a body touching an external pad. Read the description in the pdf you cited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back