Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kie

I am trying to know what is real use of ADC alignment ? wheather right alignment or left alignment

I have tried searching on google..failed to get satisfactory answer for it
what will be the effect for 12-bit ADC cortex m4 core if I put
1.right alignment or
2.left alignment

Thanks,
Kie

The use is simply how you want to handle the data - the classic example would be to left justify it and read just the top byte to get an 8 bit result. Personally I'd normally right justify it if I was wanting full resolution, but the option is there is you prefer it left justified.

Left alignment can be used for Q formatted data. It's used a lot in DSP applications to avoid floating point arithmetic in hardware without floating point support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back