Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adapter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

meetheboss

i have been given my first project to design an adapter of 6 / 12 volts ...i need ur assistance on how to start it ..... so that i can take my initial step

meetheboss said:
i have been given my first project to design an adapter of 6 / 12 volts ...i need ur assistance on how to start it ..... so that i can take my initial step

What kind of adapter? AC to DC? DC to AC? DC to DC? hamster on a wheel to DC? A good first step would be to figure out what you actually want to do!

You haven't provided enough informartion; your question is too generic.

mneary said:
To boost 6VAC to 12VAC you need a 1:2 transformer.

very ture, and if you'r working on a 6V bat, you'll need first to to conver the 6VDC to AC or a similar pulsed signal, a square wave is not a true AC, but will work for this application... then you may need to conver the 12VAC back to DC...

i wabt to make an adapter giving up a constant 12 volts output .... i have seen a circuit relating to it but it was a variable adapter giving 0-30 volts .....
plz tell what equipments i will be requiring for it

So build the 0-30 volt one and just set it to 12 volts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back