Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD9850 Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Mike, I have seen that before.
I first saw it in RadCom when it was first published.
I used his technique of mounting the 9850 into a 28 pin DIL header on the first one I used.

The same author wrote a series of articles describing various amateur radio applications using the 16C84. Yes it was that long ago, 20 years. Where does the time go when you are having fun?
Anyway, his key feature was squeezing the maximum out of the PIC by using a lot of multiplexed I/O.
I remember a comment by Blue Room Bill about PIC I/O multiplexing:
"If you need that much I/O, you need a bigger PIC"
An idea which I very much agree with.

I do not want to detract from the info in the application note, but if you were doing it again today, you would do quite a few things differently.

JimB

Jim, go ahead and delete the post if you think it is too outdated.

Jim, go ahead and delete the post if you think it is too outdated.
No, not at all!
Just because I have seen it before, that does not mean that others cannot learn from it.

JimB

I hadn't see that app note. Thanks for posting the link. I just picked up a cheap AD9851 based DDS module off Ebay. Different chip, but very little difference in operation. So, that app note should still be applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back