Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AD825 Op Amp..anyone familiar with it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMordigan

I want to use it as a high end replacement in guitar amp.

It currently uses the TL072. Decent but the specs to the AD825 put it to shame!!

The slew rate alone is 140 V/uS in the AD825 and the TL072 is a mere
16 V/uS!!! The bandwidth difference is pretty much the same.

These AD825's aren't cheap so if someone can say yes they are good then giving me a wholsale supplier would be great. I specifically want to use it in my gain circuit because of the slew rate and I would get no noise I am betting. Please feel free to offer any information you can.

Thanks!

MadMordigan said:
I want to use it as a high end replacement in guitar amp.

It currently uses the TL072. Decent but the specs to the AD825 put it to shame!!

The slew rate alone is 140 V/uS in the AD825 and the TL072 is a mere
16 V/uS!!! The bandwidth difference is pretty much the same.

These AD825's aren't cheap so if someone can say yes they are good then giving me a wholsale supplier would be great. I specifically want to use it in my gain circuit because of the slew rate and I would get no noise I am betting. Please feel free to offer any information you can.

Thanks!

It seems a pretty pointless exercise in a guitar amp, I doubt you would hear any difference at all. Guitar amps are designed to add distortion, it seems silly using expensive opamps just to distort them.

Assuming it's a direct pin for pin replacement, just drop one in and try it, but I seriously don't think it's worth doing.

Im kinda familiar with that chip, but pretty much any opamp will be much better than the TL072, which is radioshack quality. If you want to stick with analog devices opamps, try the ad8620, one of the most popular chips used for building amps, i think its a little more expensive but you can get free samples from their website. Only downside is that it only comes in soic form, which you would have to transfer onto a socket or adapter. Other great chips are from TI, opa2132, 2134, opa627. You can also obtain free samples of these. But, to answer your question, the ad825 would definately work, b/c as i said earlier, anything is better than the TL072.

ivan

AD825

Hi!

I agree with Nigel Goodwin. AD825 is too fine amplifier for guitar amp. I'm using AD825 in industrial CCD videocamera for dark reference sample and hold. AD825 is ideal for this job becouse it's got very low input bias current. This means that there's less discharge current from sample capacitor. Frequency of video signal through AD825 in my application is 5MHz. Device is in unity gain operation, just buffer.

Use some of the components that chachito recommended. AD825 is a fine amplifier but you can find more cost-effective component that does the same job for you.

Julius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back