Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Actual Size Traffic Light Controller WITH SWITCHPACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdexterous

Hello Again, I have a switchpack for an actual traffic light. The switchpack consists of 3 triacs, 3 sample LEDs and so on. There are 3 leads coming from the negative side of each of the test LEDS and one main lead coming from the postive side of all the LEDS (there is a trace connecting them). When you apply +12V DC to the postive side then touch any of the 3 remaining leads to ground (-12V) The same LED will turn on. This simulates that the Triac is working and will turn on and allow 120V AC to flow through it turning on a Bulb.
My problem is, my timing circuits are all backwards. For example my led is connected to ground and awaits a positive pulse to turn it on whenever the counter cycles to it. However the switchpack is always connected to +12V DC awaiting a negative pulse to turn it on. Can anyone offer me advice on how I can build a different circuit so I can implement my switchpack?? Many thanks to all who take the time to read this post.

Triac is a good solid state solution but if you are not able to get it work, try using relays.

Try this circuit:
Use astable multivibrator of 1 second. Using it you will get Green Time = 4 Second, Yellow = 2 Second, Red = 4 Second. Diodes used are 1N4007.
I have not shown Triac connections of other two transistor. They are same as the first one.

Attachments

• Signal.gif
    Signal.gif
    5 KB · Views: 1,196
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back