Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Acoustic feedback on FM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlicRic

Hi,
I have just recently modified a small FM transmitter which I have built to hold an external microphone, the system does work, but when I hold the external mic away from the transmitter, sometimes, the reciever starts emitting a high frequency feedback like sound, but if I touch the mic, or even bring my hand near, or hold it up to the transmitter it goes away, the internal mick(Half in the baox I.E) does not have any problem, presumably because it is near the transmitter circuit, also sometims holding the mick away from the transmitter a little farther stops it, neither mics have any shielding, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks, SlicRic

Last edited:
It's good practice to bypass the mic and it's cable for RF. You might use a ferrite bead or choke in series with the mic and a .001 capacitor to ground at the xmitter side of the choke.
I hope your transmitter is in a shielded metal enclosure. Put these components at the mike input socket - not at the mike itself.

Since your transmitter is very low power this might not be the problem. Your audio circuits should also have proper bypassing for audio and RF.

Good luck.

Thanks Flat 5 I will try a ferrite bead, but, what was the problem in the first place, wht can I do to try and avoid it, also why is it that when I bring the Mic close to the transmitter, touch it or even hold it farther away the feedback seems to disappear?

slic, please don't duplicate posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back