Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Access to configuration word of PIC16f84a

Status
Not open for further replies.

folarinv

pls, how can I access the configuration word of a PIC16f84a so as to select xtal or resonator for the oscillator operation.

After the failure of my PIC16f628, I tried to try my codes(chasing leds- Nigel tuttorials) on PIC16f84a. The programmer tells me that the programming is ok but when I put my IC into the circuit, it just does not respond( no LED comes on)

i suspect that I've not selected the right oscillator

My tutorial source code includes the correct oscillator settings for the 16F628, you would need to change them for a 16F84.

You could do this either in the source code, or during programming via your programmer software - this should allow you to set the config fuses before you blow the chip.

See the 16F84 spec from MicroChip. I have the preliminary one DS35007A.

In this it is in section Section 6.0, page 21.

For example. 3FF9 = XT osc, WDT disabled PWRTE disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back