Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Access GSM mobile with AT commands - pics put up

Status
Not open for further replies.

indranil

I'm putting up a brief synopsis again with pics of connectors
--im working on a project.. interfacing uC with a gsm mobile as a home appliance controller..at commands being the basic accessing commands..im currently working with a nokia 2100..i bought a connecting wire (pic 3 right connector & pic 4) which goes in the slot under the battery of nokia 2100 (pic 2;slot at the top right corner of the sim card (yellow) ) and the other end being a db9 (pic 3 left connector) connector going to the com port of the computer for testing purpose which can later be interfaced to a uC..RS232 MAX 232 driver nd stuff..i hav been trying to access the mobile by sending at commands thru the hyper terminal program in windows with no success..not sure why..the baud was set to 19200,data bits 8, parity none, stop bits 1, flow control hardware or none. these were standard values which i found on the net.
Is there a fault with the connecting wire? Is it possible to access the nokia 2100 using at commands at all? u need extra drivers/driving devices to access the cell other than the wire?
What is the purpose of the wire that I bought (its readily available in market)??

Attachments

• 2_190.jpg
    2_190.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 521
  • 3_169.jpg
    3_169.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 492
  • 4_100.jpg
    4_100.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 523
indranil said:
What is the purpose of the wire that I bought (its readily available in market)??

It's probably designed for use with Nokia's own software?, which you may be able to download from their website?.

My Nokia lead is a DKU-5, and it came complete with the software on a CD.

Yes, I have a nokia 3310 and it has a simmilar wire for interfacing to the computer. I also got some software with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back