Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ac SHut DOwn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracletech

Yup. I'm back.
I have been looking for a way to do this without a relay( using an opto- isolator with some transistors). My circuit comes with a battery charger, but I want to mosify it so that I use one relay instead of 2.
When mains is detected, Relay A (which I want to replace) will detect mains(its an AC SPDT relay) and then turn off the circuit so that the battery charger circuit(uses a trafo) will turn on, because relay A will power relay B. I want to use an opto isolator to make my design compact ( we all know the size of a relay TL;DR). Is there any way that I can make a circuit that would turn on an Opto isolator( without another trafo) so that when the opto turn on, it would shut down the transistors that power the other circuit? I was thinking of using high value resistors ( 1MILLIOHM)on the two ac lines, feed it to a zener diode to clamp the voltage so that it would power an opto and that's all. Is this a reasonable idea? Thanks for all your inputs, and oh, this circuit I am talking about is in a different board from this proposed circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back