Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Motor Speed Control Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Hello All:

Is it possible to modify this circuit to incorporate a thermistor, so the speed of a AC motor can be controlled by temperature. At room temperature I would like the motor to spin at around 30-40% of it's rated speed. As the temp increases by 20 degrees or so the fan should increase to about 80% of it's rated speed.

Attachments

• cacspeed.gif
    cacspeed.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 702
I don know answer on your questio, but I need help.

Whay this circuit needs DC power through SCR, is it possible to change thi circut using only AC power without diodes(rectifier bridge)

And what shoul I change to use thiscircuit on 220 V

In this case the bridge output not contain a condenser, so the SCR can commutate.This is a primitive full-wawe splitter, but not working properly with AC motors.

Sebi said:
In this case the bridge output not contain a condenser, so the SCR can commutate.This is a primitive full-wawe splitter, but not working properly with AC motors.

Quite true, it's a simple speed controller for AC/DC motors (not AC ones), probably designed as a drill controller.

Can anyone send me scheme for AC motor speed reducing.

I found some schemes wih triac, is it ok. Please send me schemes

grizli said:
Can anyone send me scheme for AC motor speed reducing.

I found some schemes wih triac, is it ok. Please send me schemes

You need to specify what type of motor it is, some AC motors can only be controlled by altering the mains frequency.

It is simole AC 220 V motor( i dont know name in English) but this kind of morors are used in drills, mixers, and home appliances.

I need a motor speed reducer, that can also be used for light dimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back