Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ac Loop Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnetman12003

Hi,

I wish to construct a 10 inch diameter, .75 inch thick air core magnet wire loop that can be plugged directly into a 120 volt AC wall socket.

This coil must be strong enough to radiate its 60 hz magnetic field outwards at least 3 feet. It should not warm up with continuos use.

I plan to spin a disk type permanent magnet within that radiated oscillating magnetic field. Check out "tracmag" on the U tube. I believe his powered tracmag loop coil is made that way.

All advice as to AWG magnet wire size, number of turns, amount of wire in feet needed will be greatly appreciated.

Possibly a 1.5 Henry coil.

24 AWG
8 inch ID, 10.4 inch OD.
.75 inches long
1870 turns
35 turns per layer
53 layers.
5.5 pounds of wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips