Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC, DC power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

uriahsky

I need to power a Bill Changer acceptor. This is just the part the accepts the bills. It requires +5VDC, +12VDC, -12VDC AND 6VAC. These voltages all have the same single ground wire. How do I recreate this on my bench? I can do the DC with my bench power supply and I have a separate AC power supply but how do I get them together so that I can power up these acceptor? I am a little confused on this one.
Thanks
Russ

Russ,

First, you need to determine the current requirements for each supply voltage. You will probably not be able to do it...easily...with a single voltage or variable voltage bench supply. There are articles on the net for converting cheap ATX computer power supplies to +5v/+12v/-12v bench supplies...but you will still need to know the acceptor's current requirements. With that and a 6VAC transformer, you should be in business. :)

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back