Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaldwyn

Hello,
I have a GE AEM24DT Air conditioning unit which I use to cool a cheese aging room. To make the air conditioner run cooler, it is controlled by a coolbot, which was designed to do just that. I have the system set to keep the room at 52 Fahrenheit and it works great. (The coolbot is designed to keep a room as low as 34 F using only a air conditioner.) However, I would like the fan to shut off when the compressor in the air conditioner is off. I would like to cut down on the airflow in the cheese aging room. Anybody out there who could help me with this?
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• GE AC.pdf
    905.4 KB · Views: 125
  • GE AC2.pdf
    940.5 KB · Views: 130
hi,
The fan appears to be speed controlled via the 3 wires , BL,YW,BK.
You could use a 3 pole, mains coil relay to switch these 3 lines.
Connect the relay coil across the BL, YW wires connected to the compressor.

When the compressor is OFF the 3 pole relay contacts will be Open.

Choose a relay to suit your local mains voltage.

E

Attachments

• mk_0607.pdf
    648.3 KB · Views: 100
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back