Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About teachers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you stretch a 12" rule to 15" then it will measure a 15" piece of steel as 12". The rule shows less than the real length - real length 15" is less than the reading on the rule of 12". How can anyone argue the opposite?

I'm pretty sure that in her mind she was thinking about the problem this way: "if you use a stretched ruler to cut a 12 inch piece of string, will the piece of string be too long or too short", but that is not what she asked me.. I'm sure about that.

I too have the annoying habit of answering the question i'm asked.:rolleyes: Mike.

On the phone:
Hello son, how are you?
Well Daddy.
Where is Mommy?
In the kitchen, preparing food.
And you, what are you doing?
Talking to you daddy ...

Haha, my mom is just like that. I see her baking: "What are you doing?"... "Baking".
So annoying sometimes.

What is she supposed to say?

"What are you doing?"
"What kind of question is that?"

Actually in Finnish "What are you doing" and "What are you making" are the same thing. So if I clearly see that she is baking and ask "What are you making".. she answers as if I am asking "What are you doing".
Same thing with every question like that with her.. "What are you reading?"... "A book".

Delete.

At the request of TVTECH, the following is a cut and paste from a post of his in the Funny Images thread.
JimB

****************************************************************************************
A teacher asks her class, "If there are 5 birds sitting on a fence and you shoot one of them, how many will be left?" She calls on little Johnny.
He replies, "None, they will all fly away with the first gunshot."
The teacher replies, "The correct answer is 4, but I like your thinking."
Then little Johhny says, "I have a question for YOU. There are 3 women sitting on a bench having ice cream: One is delicately licking the sides of the triple scoop of ice cream. The second is gobbling down the top and sucking the cone. The third is biting off the top of the ice cream. Which one is married?"
The teacher, blushing a great deal, replied, "Well, I suppose the one that's gobbled down the top and sucked the cone."
To which Little Johnny replied, "The correct answer is 'the one with the wedding ring on', but I like your thinking."

Actually in Finnish "What are you doing" and "What are you making" are the same thing. So if I clearly see that she is baking and ask "What are you making".. she answers as if I am asking "What are you doing".
Same thing with every question like that with her.. "What are you reading?"... "A book".

Polonius: What do you read, my lord?
Hamlet: Words, words, words.

Actually in Finnish "What are you doing" and "What are you making" are the same thing.
Obviously Fins have the correct approach to life. I propose we all change our nationality forthwith. Well, except you misterT, obviously.

1st of may (Vappu) is this week.. most of the students are going to drink the whole week. Some have been celebrating since Easter.
5.jpg

vappu9.jpg

^^^^^ LOL @ above :)

Maybe some of your Students are there/still there :eek:

And then they decide to rock up at Lectures and are unteachable...nothing worse than a drunk student
pitching for a Lecture and you know you are wasting your time :banghead::banghead:

LOL.

Good Man misterT.

Love this thread :woot:

tvtech

Well, a university is defined as:
A fountain of knowledge where every body goes to drink.

JimB

Well, a university is defined as:
A fountain of knowledge where every body goes to drink.

JimB

Ja...but for how long....till the Body is so saturated that all becomes a blurr...

Whew, been there and never again. That is why I lost all my working brain cells when I was still a student.
Now everyday is an uphill battle for me :nailbiting:

Stay well Guys,
tvtech

I'll skip to another topic related to this one..
Which is more accurate: Analog or digital?
That is classic question that teachers ask. And the "correct" answer is always analog. I'm starting to doubt that...

Stupid questions. Period. The questions belong in philosophy. Just like these:

1. The grass is green.
2. If the grass is green then God exists.
----> God exists.

I have up to eight things. What's more accurate; Digital or Analog?

Analog measurements are limited by bandwidth and noise. Digital measurements are limited by samplerate and quantization.

I got the most unlikely fortune in a Chinese fortune cookie, a couple of years ago. I pinned it up in my cubical at work, and anyone who sees it (who, by the way, is typically an electrical engineer) can't believe it's a real fortune from a fortune cookie. But, it is, and I'll post a picture of it, if anyone doubts me.

It reads …

"Digital circuits are made from analog parts"

Message is unavailable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back