Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About laser emitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
TX module is stationary and the target is some plant.

Hi,
Reason for asking is to determine if the target is 'cooperative'
example: a retro prism or reflector or is it non cooperative.?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'plant', in English that could mean a piece of equipment??

Hi,
Reason for asking is to determine if the target is 'cooperative'
example: a retro prism or reflector or is it non cooperative.?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'plant', in English that could mean a piece of equipment??

haha,sorry for my poor english.By saying plant i mean those with leaves,like grass.So it's non cooperative.
maybe someday i should practice my english with a native like you:)

Last edited:
haha,sorry for my poor english.By saying plant i mean those with leaves,like grass.So it's non cooperative.
maybe someday i should practice my english with a native like you:)

hi,
Your English is just fine.:)

A point to note is that when working with non cooperative targets, the strength of the echo signal can effect the apparent range.

This is partly due to the rise times of the receiver circuits.

If you examine the response curves for your receiver amplifiers you will see that for low signal levels the 'time' response is not linear.

This means that strong echo's appear to have a shorter overall response time which makes the measured distance shorter.

Do you follow.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back