about data communication via Infra Red..pls help me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

girl-next-door

Hi everyone,
I need ur help to build a circuit for my sub-project.
I just want to transmit data using infra red (in range up to 20 cm), but i dont know how to make the circuit. I dont matter bout the carrier frequency.. (usually 38 kHz or the other). I still use microcontroller AT89S52. And I want to use TSOP 48xx (cz i havent try with photo-transistor or photo diode)

The problems are :
1. How can I modulate data with the carrier frequency? use AND gate or something else?
2. How can I demodulate? I think after TSOP or photo transistor receives data, it must be demodulated before it fed to the microcontroller. (Am I right?). Pls give me the demodulator circuit.
3. Should I use pin 3.0 (RxD) and 3.1 (TxD) in MCS-51 microcontroller to transmit and receive data?

I have found the similar project in this link : Simple infrared data communications
But I don't understand about PIC microcontroller.
I hope someone could give me the complete circuit (IR transmitter and IR receiver), using MCS-51 microcontroller (assembly). A.S.A.P.
Thx b4.

No need, just generate the 38KHz directly in the processor, simple software loops is all it needs.

2. How can I demodulate? I think after TSOP or photo transistor receives data, it must be demodulated before it fed to the microcontroller. (Am I right?). Pls give me the demodulator circuit.

Nothing required, the TSOP demodulates and provides a 'similar' pulse train to the original input signal. Be aware though that it's NOT identical, and the width of the pulses will vary depending on many factors.

3. Should I use pin 3.0 (RxD) and 3.1 (TxD) in MCS-51 microcontroller to transmit and receive data?

No, it's not a good idea, use a better protocol that doesn't require accurate timing.

Use TxD pin to modulate a carrier, yes an AND will work fine, to drive an IR LED. If you use a crystal that is a power of two of the carrier (within the 5% tolerance of the receiver) you can use a simple divider off of the crystal for your carrier, either on chip or off.

Use a **broken link removed** to drive the RxD pin.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…