Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about a power supply project

Status
Not open for further replies.

rippy

I am a student of electronics in Greece and i have a project about a integrate power supply circuit(all stages)of any voltage and current.I have to explain the operation,the role of the components etc..When can i find information about this?Can you help me?Please your answers here: rippy@freemail.gr Thank you in advance.

Try using LM317 IC based regulated power supply. You can find its datasheet on www.national.com. Regarding the working of each componenets, you can find it in any good power electronics or operational amplifiers text books.

Hi,
The text books I know are only available in India and my not be available in your country. They are written by Indian Authors. But still the name of the text books are.
1) Operational Amplifiers - Ramakant Gayakwad
2) Operational Amplifiers - Botkar
2) Power Electronics - Bhattacharya

Can anyone help me with this circuit?

**broken link removed**

I have to explain the operation and the role of the componets analytically.

Bang Smoke ?

I think you will struggle to explain how this circuit works, the transistors appear to be from a different circuit to the rest.

It seems to be using a 'positive rail regulator' in the negative rail ???

Yes correct MECHIE. Do you think that the NPN Transistor Q1 will work in the configuration it is connected? Collector is at lower potential than Emitter :!:

SO,WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST ME TO DO???I HAVE TO GIVE MY PROJECT IN A FEW DAYS!WHAT HAVE TO BE CHANGED SO THAT THE CICUIT WORKS?

Quick thoughts on power supply

Just a -very- quick look at the circuit -
I think every diode and every polarised capacitor wants swapping round end for end. The transistor Q1 will then be in the positive line and (conventional current flow) the current will flow into the collector and out of the emitter. The Pos and Neg output terminals need their labels swapping round.

The circuit then starts to look like the one here on ETO in the 'Electronic Projects' section labelled "Stabilised Power Supply with Current Limiting", which also has a bit of waffle explaining operation.

I don't mean to kill you off but is it right that we appear to be doing homework here? (just a thought :wink: )

Kinjal I have seen transistors used backwards for real weird circuits, I think there is some frequency response improvement or something (up at GHz) - I forget - but this configuration is as rare as hens teeth :?

Nigel Goodwin said:
Perhaps you should try reading the date on the posts! - FOUR AND A HALF YEARS AGO!!!!!.

sorry to have to post on this but you comment made me laugh so much! just had to tell you Nigel :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back