Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about 50watt amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
50w amp

:D hi sabo,

here's some more amps you may want to consider:

LM2876 40w - can be powered by a single supply or dual supply. datasheet & application at;
**broken link removed**

STK4036 50w or STK4038 60w, circuittry and datasheet at
**broken link removed** :wink:

I think that TDA1514 from Philips has an output of 48W into 8 ohm load.
When I built this amplifier (two of them, actually), its sound was horrible. After a few experiments, I removed the bootstrap components and it worked like a charm :D

I've also built an amp using TDA7294 for a friend of mine. This IC rocks! And it's HOT. I mean...really really HOT. Adequate heatsink required. Preferably with a fan (thermally controlled). Although this IC has protections against overload, short-circuit, excessive temperature, etc. I still managed to blow up two of them :(

arcom said:
I've also built an amp using TDA7294 for a friend of mine. This IC rocks! And it's HOT. I mean...really really HOT. Adequate heatsink required. Preferably with a fan (thermally controlled

Indeed, but with a +/- 45V supply you can get up too 100Watt with it.
Got 4 of 'em running here like that.

4 x 100W on a 10 x 6cm pcb... :)

I used the same supply voltage (1V more or less).

4 x 100W on a 10 x 6cm pcb...
Talk about making things small :)

My PCB was approx 20 x 13 cm. It had 2 x 100W amps, stereo preamp with DC tone control and channel selector and two thermal sensors for fan control. I was soo happy when I built it and it worked. Hopefully it is still working :?

EDIT: Now I remebered that it also contained the power supply (on the same PCB)

If your interested in building a discrete amplifier this report might be of some use, it includes a design for a 50w bipolar amplifier. I've built it and know that it works.

If your interested in building a discrete amplifier this report might be of some use, it includes a design for a 50w bipolar amplifier. I've built it and know that it works.

Edit>> Sorry I think it might have been o big for the message board, i've put it on my webspace **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back