Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A stereo FM receiver using the TEA5711 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TEA5711 wasn't very good, is obsolete and is not made anymore.
The radio is shown in its datasheet.

Patrick Cambre made the radio a few years ago and its construcion is on the internet: **broken link removed**

TEA5711T FM Stereo Receiver Project

Patrick Cambre made the radio a few years ago and its construcion is on the internet: **broken link removed**

THANK YOU...Audioguru, for the link...I have also checked the Radiomates project on TEA5711, he has used three 0.06uH..I was worried because its not available at my place..In Patrick Cambre project he has used two coils made up of 22 guage copper wire...what difference it makes in reception..could you please explain me...

The TEA5711T FM Stereo Receiver Project

Yesss....It did worked for me....!!!!!

I had assembled 3 out of which one worked successfully...at the first Power ON it made noise, as if the IC TEA5711T has got short circuit in side...it was not able to catch the station/s...instead nothing was happening...I switched OFF the power...three times or so, I switched On and OFF the power...and at the fourth time... I didn't know what happened..and I heard the Music..I got confused a bit.. then I tuned the Gang capacitor....and suddenly and felt wonder... listening the Stereo MUSIC comming from my first hand made FM...!!!

WOW..what a great experience of FM Sterero Music....!!!!

Thank You..audioguru !!!
Thank You...Patrick Cambre !!!

HELP.....

Can any one help to find the Schematic for Samsunf Portable VCD system,
"Model No. RCD-VS30", I have search over the Net, the all my efforts went unproductive of success...!!!

PLEASE HELP...!!!

Stereo fm receiver IC other than TEA5711

the tea5711 wasn't very good, is obsolete and is not made anymore.

Patrick cambre made the radio a few years ago and its construcion is on the internet: the tea5711t fm stereo receiver project

hi....

I have made stereo fm receiver using ic tea5711t and ic tda7050..it did worked for me...now i want to know is there any other ic for stereo fm receiver, which i can make using munimum components..with good quality sound...beacuse tea5711 is not giving me good and smooth music..

Stereo FM Receiver using TEA5711T and TDA7050

Hello guys...

Check out the stereo FM receiver I made with the hard to find TEA5711 AM/FM receiver IC... Here's the link:

MidCenturyRadios.com

Let me know what you think...

Hi...radiomate...!!!!:)

Thanks for having helped a hobbyist like me:D. I have made my own Stereo FM Receiver using TEA5711t and TDA7050..I have queries :( and want you to solve for me :rolleyes: that are the sound quality is crysytal clear but not smooth How can I Improve the sound quality and Stereo Indicator LED does not lite-up at stereo reception....what cloud be the problem ???

-Pravpa:(

hi, im struggling to understand how this circuit works. can anyone help me? it will looks more clear it you put some block diagram and relate the diagram with the schematic. i have googled for hours, days trying to know how this circuit works, but no site like answer my question. most of the site only put information on which value of resistor, capacitor that will give you good sound, how you going to do the pcb bla. bla. bla.. i dont want to know that. i want to know how they operate..pls...pls...someone help me please...and one more question, what is 10.7/150 and 10.7/disc, i never happen to see any symbol like that before?

what is 10.7/150 and 10.7/disc, i never happen to see any symbol like that before?

First one means 10.7MHz center IF freq. filter(three leg) with 150KHz bw and the second one is 10.7MHz discriminator(two leg). Search for MurRata.

This one is IC based fm stereo receiver circuit may be with a quadrature detector(?). Block diagram of FM receiver is same like all superheterodynes.
Flow Diagram:
---------------
RF amp > LO > Mixer+converter > IF amp(this can be single or dual conversion stages followed) > Real FM Detector:)D) > Audio amplifier.

Real FM reception is much complex than AM.

IC integrages all these functions so you only need to add external(supporting) parts or some parts that cannot be integrated(alternative methods out there in modern designs).

I think the Philips TEA5711 radio IC is obsolete. It is similar to ones used in cheap clock radios and the old Sony Walkman cheap radio.
Its input is easily overloaded by strong local stations because it is not tuned so it picks up all stations which overload its RF amplifier.
My Sony Walkman radio has a "local-distant" switch that attenuates the input so that it can select a strong local station but not receive weak stations.

FM Stereo receiver IC

The Philips TEA5711 radio IC is later part but which were those ICs used in previous stereo recivers.
The reception was good the stereo sound of FM reception was too Good.

being a Quality listener I want to make one of those FM Stereo for my self..Can anyone help me with circuit diagram and it's PCB Please..

I want to make one of those FM Stereo for my self..Can anyone help me with circuit diagram and it's PCB Please.
I provided a link to a TEA5711 FM radio project in my post #41 in this thread. It has a schematic, complete parts list and pcb design.

I have both SMD and Shrink DIP versions of this IC :)

This IC is very common and widely used in portable cheap/medium priced radio receivers. Reception is excellent.

I live in a suburb of the largest city in Canada. There are many other Canadian cities nearby and some American cities fairly close by.
So my FM dial is completely full of strong stations. There are so many stations that I never counted them all.

My cheap Sony Walkman stereo radio needs to have its local-distant switch set to local where it attenuates the antenna input but then it can't receive distant stations. Its Sony IC and circuit are almost the same as the Philips IC and circuit.

My clock radios use a similar cheap circuit but the sensitivity is poor and there is no overloading.

Cheap radios have AFC because the frequency of their RF oscillator drifts.

Sony CXA series also too old and similar but they have built in audio power amp. too. I've lot of CXA1619's in my box.

These IC's are meant for old portable battery powered units and done their job very well.

Obviously they won't compete with a dedicated car stereo radio IC. My Transcend MP650 tiny mp3 player has an excellent stereo receiver built in that should be listened to believe. That will compete with a car stereo IC in performance.

I provided a link to a TEA5711 FM radio project in my post #41 in this thread. It has a schematic, complete parts list and pcb design.

Thank You Sir for the reply, What is Stereo DTS Sound. IC TDA5712 has that faciliy.
Please Explain to me.

I think you mean the TEA5712 IC, not the TDA5712 that does not exist.
If you look at its datasheet then you will see that it has a Digital Tuning System (DTS) because it is tuned with varactor diodes.
The IC might be obsolete and not made anymore. It is a very simple AM-FM stereo radio that was used in cheap clock radios many years ago.
Its distortion is fairly high.

I think you mean the TEA5712 IC, not the TDA5712 that does not exist.
If you look at its datasheet then you will see that it has a Digital Tuning System (DTS) because it is tuned with varactor diodes.

Yes, It was a typing mistake, it is TEA5712, Thank you for correction.
anyway is it possible to tune TEA5711 with varactor diodes, instead of using Tuning gang. I have read your previous post explaing LEDs can work as varactor diodes.

One more thing if you don't mind, me using this thread, I would like to know about High Power LEDs on 230volts AC, How would you guide me?

Last edited:
You can tune any radio with varactor diodes. Any diode (or junction in a transistor) changes its capacitance a little when its reverse voltage is changed but a varactor diode is designed to change its capacitance enough to do the tuning range properly.

Make a new thread about the LEDs. Then we can explain that it is extremely dangerous without using a transformer to reduce the voltage and provide isolation.

Regarding "radiomate" he is a perfect radiohead and good inspiration. I too have collected some but most are not value for money -or in short -value for nothing :D
They're mostly Philips,Murphy and National. They tells a lot about the evolution of components.

You can tune any radio with varactor diodes. Any diode (or junction in a transistor) changes its capacitance a little when its reverse voltage is changed but a varactor diode is designed to change its capacitance enough to do the tuning range properly.

Sir, could Please explain me with using TEA5711 circuit diagram, how to use varactor diodes for Tunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back