Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A small repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Libram11

I’m very proficient in both electrical standards and math but not so much in electrical engineering. Could someone help me figure a few things out with this device? It’s a small transformer board taking in 110VAC and supplying somewhere in the neighborhood of 58VDC (I think). Three resistors were burned and have already been removed, all three were 12 ohm 1/2 watt carbon 5%. I’d just like to make sure I know exactly what this board is doing. I’ve figured out that the first 4 resistors on the left are rectifiers and they are then each passing though a capacitor. If my understanding is correct the rectifiers are only allowing the current to flow one way and the caps are filling in in between the phases. After that I’m a bit lost. Attached are pics above and below, and remember 3 resistors are not pictured.

Attachments

• 6B59156B-BFF3-4C73-91EA-3A116695222E.jpeg
    6B59156B-BFF3-4C73-91EA-3A116695222E.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 8873748F-ADE7-465A-BBA4-B02D3BAB7077.jpeg
    8873748F-ADE7-465A-BBA4-B02D3BAB7077.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 227
Yes the caps are there to sieving from interferences and smoothing the voltage. If you are sure of the resistor value, I would replace them and try my luck but before I would check all diodes (with ohmmeter), some of them might have a short and let the V/A flow on both directions.

Rectifiers? Diodes then, no resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back