Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a "small" idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicnuwb

Hey guys,
i want to create a really small t.v. i want to have the t.v screen about 2 inches x 2 inches. i have tried to look into this but i am finding it hard to get any help or learn on my own. i was wondering if anyone could assist me or tell me something to get started.
thanks
-T

Pocket TV's have mysteriously dissappeared from the market, probably under pressure by studios that prefer to sell DVD's for use on portable players and crap like Verizon's "Vcast" rather than people watching TV for *gasp* free.

The truth is i want to create a video game system and well i want to get started from now on it and what better way to start than from the top down.Which is why i need some guide lines on how to create a small t.v. The frame i can do.
Thanks
-t

No i was thinking of using an LCD screen. The main troubles i have run into are which one to get that would display a color television image. i found this web site https://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category/365/LCDs_(Liquid_Crystal_Displays).html
there i found some but i haven't looked into them completely. i would like to make is so that the person can watch the t.v at about 2 inch away from their eye with a screen dimension of 3 in. x 3 in. i also hear you might have to program the LCD I'm not sure. Lastly i came in to trouble with how to wire it as i can not find any books or online site to help me

Once thought it would be cool to mount a couple of those small LCD display from digital cameras on a pair of glasses. Figured when adjust jusst right, it would appear like a giant screen TV. Never see those little screens surplus. See cellphone displays occasionally, but sound like a ***** to hook up and drive.

Wouldn't it be hard on the eyes if the LCD were only an inch or two away from the face? Your eyes would have to focus really close...

I've often thought of hacking my N64 into a portable with an eyepiece so I can play Starcraft while walking down the street. :p

TheVictim said:
I've often thought of hacking my N64 into a portable with an eyepiece so I can play Starcraft while walking down the street. :p
Play Starcraft while walking down the street!!?? You may hit the lamp post :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back