Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A recruitment consultancy is spreading bad stories about me...who may i contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,
A particular recruitment consultancy in UK is spreading bad stories about me to potential employers. The story that they tell concerns an Electronics contract that I left (a few years ago) before the project was finished. The sole reason that I left the contract was because the project was totally and utterly bogus and would have lost the company loads of money. ..and lost them customers.
However, the recruitment consultancy are saying I am a quitter. The particular reason this recruitment consultancy disfavour myself is because I undertook an Electronics contract ( a different one) at Dyson, but did this via a rival recruitment consultancy. The recruitment consultancy that are now spreading bad stories about me said that I should have been under them for the Dyson contract. It is true that the “story-spreading” recruitment consultancy did contact me about the Dyson contract first, but they did not specify exactly which contract it was…..so when a different recruitment consultancy contacted me with a Dyson job, I just accepted it. The recruitment consultancy that is now spreading bad stories about me were furious with me and shouted down the phone that I was their client, and should have been working for Dyson via themselves. After telling me this , he told me that I would have to be very careful and hinted they were going to spread bad stories about me leaving the company that this post speaks about. This consultancy hinted to me that I owed them and that if I get offered future electronics contracts, then I should contact them and ask them to administer the contract. Please note that the particular contract that I am discussing here is not the Dyson one, the company under discussion is not a UK company. (in any case, Dyson don’t make pumps)

Anyway, before I left the company under discussion here, I told the bosses that the project was worthless, and wrote them a full technical report stating exactly why the project was bogus. However, I don’t believe that they wanted to heed my report. I know that this entire department now, does not exist, and many of the engineers and managers of that department , no longer work at the place. I know that some of the engineers were transferred to other parts of this company, after the closure of the department that I am speaking about.

(The project involved a current output regulated buckboost converter, attempting to regulate the speed of a BLDC motor by regulating the output current of the buckboost converter, the BLDC is switched by a three phase inverter, which is controlled by a Sensorless BLDC Motor control IC (ML4425), -the Sensorless BLDC Motor control IC is commutating the BLDC coils, but not high frequency PWM’ing the coils within the commutations. The Sensorless BLDC Motor control IC is a standard Voltage source inverter controller IC. The speed regulation circuitry inside the inverter control IC has been bypassed)

..I advised that the project was not worth going forward with, since it involved driving a BLDC/Inverter from the current regulated output of a Buckboost converter. (In other words, the output current of the buckboost converter was to be current regulated so as to control the speed of the BLDC.) The Inverter controller's (ML4425) speed control circuitry had been bypassed, and lots of external circuitry had been added in to achieve this. The inverter IGBT's were being commutation switched, as you'd expect, but were not being high frequency PWM'd within the commutations....the motor coil current regulation being entirely left to the aforementioned buckboost converter…Bogus!
This project was not worth them paying me to do it. Aside from being non-advantageous, it was using a large amount of unnecessary external circuitry.
Anyway, the aftermath of this is that I am getting bad stories spread to potential employers.
Is there any agency that I can go to about this?

This seems to be a recurring scenario. In another thread you mentioned having had something like 27 jobs. Over how many years? At some point, employers don't need nor do they seek a recruiter's input. One job every 4 months for several years is too much.

When you are in an entry level position, you are not in a position to advise the business owners about everything they are doing wrong. More recently, you have dreams of advising your country about how to reorganize and succeed in the world. The term for that is grandiose.

I hope you can get over that problem and take the advice many people, both here and probably elsewhere have been giving you.

As for your belief that a recruitment firm is spreading bad things about you, you have two choices: 1) Prove them wrong by getting and keeping a job; or 2) Hire an attorney on contingency (if they exist in the UK) and try to sue them. I believe the latter would only dig a deeper hole for you.

Regards, John

Thanks, but seriously, I was more concerned about the company concerned then I was about myself. When I told members of staff at the company concerned, everybody was too scared to face up to it, because it would have meant going up against the guy who was the senior most engineer, and nobody dare'd to do that......in the end , we all lost our jobs there in fact.

From what you've posted it seems pretty clear that they are perfectly correct - you've now walked out on at least two contracts - I wouldn't dream of employing someone as unreliable as you.

I think if you read the technicalities of the top post, you can quite clearly see that there was no other choice for me as a contractor being employed to work on that particular contract. That project was utterly barking mad. I am sure we agree on that.

I think if you read the technicalities of the top post, you can quite clearly see that there was no other choice for me as a contractor being employed to work on that particular contract. That project was utterly barking mad. I am sure we agree on that.

Makes no difference - you walked out and broke the contract - you seem intent on making yourself unemployable!.

May I ask what you would have done in the same situation?....if you are going to say that you would have just carried on regardless, then that is not acceptable. You would have been damaging a company that stands in the country that you are from. Pays taxes to your benefit.

Last edited:
May I ask what you have done in the same situation?....if you are going to say that you would have just carried on regardless, then that is not acceptable. You would have been damaging a company that stands in the country that you are from. Pays taxes to your benefit.

But you damaged it worse, and yourself even more so.

I would have simply made my point WELL known, in writing as well - and explain that I would be happy to either be removed from the project, or carry on with it, with the understanding that I considered the project doomed to failure.

I would have simply made my point WELL known, in writing as well .
..so we agree on that bit then

and explain that I would be happy to either be removed from the project, or carry on with it, with the understanding that I considered the project doomed to failure
Carry on with it?.....I take it that you have either not read the technical detail of the top post, or you do not understand it?
There are too many "carry on regardless" types in UK industry, and this is why we have virtually none left....as Nicolas Sarkozy said, "The UK has no industry"
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...las-Sarkozy-says-Britain-has-no-industry.html

What's Sarkozy have to do with it? I though you won that battle at Waterloo. But then, I don't follow UK politics.

John

There are too many "carry on regardless" types in UK industry, and this is why we have virtually none left....as Nicolas Sarkozy said, "The UK has no industry"

We've got no industry left because Blair killed it off with excessive taxation for industry in the UK, forcing most to move elsewhere.

We've got no industry left because Blair killed it off with excessive taxation for industry in the UK, forcing most to move elsewhere.
..if that were true , why are there so many industries in UK which are non UK headquartered?.(eg Nissan in sunderland, Honda in Swindon, Tridonic in spennymoor, classeq in the Black country, etc etc)....they wouldn't move here if there was loads of tax to pay. And they sure don't pay their profits into the uk tax system....the bulk of it goes obviously to themselves and their own country.
Are you saying that Blair's taxes only apply to uk owned companies?

..if that were true , why are there so many industries in UK which are non UK headquartered?.(eg Nissan in sunderland, Honda in Swindon, Tridonic in spennymoor, classeq in the Black country, etc etc)....they wouldn't move here if there was loads of tax to pay. And they sure don't pay their profits into the uk tax system....the bulk of it goes obviously to themselves and their own country.
Are you saying that Blair's taxes only apply to uk owned companies?

No, he introduced a 'supposed' energy efficiency tax - which taxed businesses extra for the energy they used. This made it far cheaper to simply move out of the UK for many companies, particularly in the Electronics industries.

The car manufacturers are here simply because we are in the EU, and they get HUGE incentives to be here.

This made it far cheaper to simply move out of the UK for many companies, particularly in the Electronics industries.
yes, but not UK electronics companies, as there are hardly any anyway.
The car manufacturers are here simply because we are in the EU, and they get HUGE incentives to be here.
…in that case, why doesn’t UK make cars…..right, because sterling is too high.
I think the incentives you speak of are from payments which derive from north sea oil.
When North sea oil runs out, why would the Europeans want UK in Europe?….we don’t make anywhere near as much industry as they do, why would the EU want a densely populated island of “do-nothings” such as us Brits in the EU?

If a consulting company is spreading rumors about you then you need to stop and think logically about it. It would be highly detrimental for them to put of an employer from hiring you if you were good, most companies would never use a consult that gave bad advice again! So by extrapolation this means maybe there is a problem with you that needs addressing.
You seem to want to start in the board room, but unless daddy owns the company this isnt realistic, ever heard the saying 'play the grey man'?

Never give advice unless its asked for, never point out to a superior what he is doing wrong unless asked. Never upset those you work with as one day they may be your boss, decide which side of the fence your on and stay there.......HINT your an employee your best bet is to get on with your co workers, one day ouy might need a favor

Say nothing?.....I take it that you have either not read the technical detail of the top post, or you do not understand it?
Nigel Goodwin agrees that it was best to point it out, and write a report, and say that the project was doomed to failure.
The company was potentially going to go down and all loose their jobs....due to that project carrying on.
At least you agree that I did no harm by leaving that disastrous project?

When your always correct, like you seem to be, why not start your own company? That way you can be boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back