Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about static electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

flolan

Hello everyone,
When we are outdoors in the middle of nature, how can we get rid of the static electricity that we have accumulated on ourselves?
Touching the ground, a tree, a barbed wire... Will it work? Is there one way better than another?
Thanks !!

How are you becoming charged with static electricity when you are "in the middle of nature" ?

How do you know that you are charged with static electricity ?

JimB

Hello Jim,

This is the story:

I'm going for long hikes with my electric scooter (2 or 3 days), I'll have to change the battery for a new fully charged one at some point.
That means opening the deck, uncovering all the connections, the control cards...

I suppose with all the friction of the air on my synthetic clothes, my long hair, there is a risk that I will be charged with static electricity.
I would prefer to discharge myself as much as possible, before handling the lithium batteries, putting my fingers in the connectors near sensitive components...

There is a massive of misinformation online about static and grounding.

Voltages are relative.

The only thing that even moderately matters is that you are something like equalised to the scooter chassis, which will occur automatically if you are touching any part of its metalwork.

Don't worry about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back