A Problem Nobody Anticipated – Excess Solar Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is nothing new in the USA. We have excess RE energy here most years.

I didn't know we had that problem in the Pacific NW (Puget Sound native). Wind farms are a different case though. The utilities/BPA have ways to regulate the power delivered by them. Home solar arrays currently don't have that regulation ability. The only way not to accept power from them is to cut them off of the grid, which probably blacks out the neighborhood, or a worse situation, leaves a section of grid free floating, with no mechanism to control it or reconnect it.

Yes, in the US. The OP was complaining about Australia - I don't know the power plant subsidy scams/solar feed-in scams there. Schemes/scams? I think I've heard it both ways.

Yes, correction: I should have said, "the OP is complaining that he is accused of complaining..."
... and I should have said, "the some active poster is complaining about Austrailia..."

I know for a fact that my inverter shuts down if the grid goes over voltage and slowly decreases the amount it is feeding in as the grid voltage approaches that point.
Did everyone skip this from Terry who actually lives in South Australia? There is a way to control individual panels and it appears that it's been implemented. I guess the article is just nonsense journalism as usual.

Mike.

Yes, correction: I should have said, "the OP is complaining that he is accused of complaining..."
... and I should have said, "the some active poster is complaining about Austrailia..."

I really have to say this, and I know many will agree. It is so pleasant when you STFU for weeks at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…