Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a hard project to get to work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudkicker101

Looked high and low and no one has been able to make this circuit either simple or work. Ok what this circuit is supposed to do. It simple a transformer- switch-to 50 lights and up.
The circuit I am trying to make work is suppose to be cheap and easy to make with little parts as possible, not to mention without chips. I know I could use a 555 timer to make this work, but the lights are a great distance apart and the wire I am using is military wire which is quite expensive. Any how lets get to the circuit now. Each light once the switch is to be throwen is to come on at a different times between 1 to 45mins. And the idea was to use a capacitor and a resistor to set the pace. So the capacitor would charge up and then the resistor would set the speed on how fast the capacitor charges up and then the light would come on once the capacitor charges. I myself thought it was simple but for some reason it wont work and all I asked tried and failed. To think I make chips work and I cant make a simple delay circuit lol. Please help any ??s just ask. thanks all[/img]

So, how did you connect it? Wired the light in parallel with the capacitor and the resistor in series with both?
This might work for short delays under the following conditions:
It *must* be a DC voltage - you have to rectify what's coming from your transformer.
The capacitor needs to be quite large since the resistor cannot be too large or it will pass insufficient current to light the bulb or LED.
The light should require a low current to light.

45 mins is totally unrealistic, perhaps a few seconds delay with that idea.
And, the light will come on gradually as the voltage builds up, no sudden switch on.
Perhaps you explain a little further what parts you are using, their values, the voltages or, better still, draw a diagram what you are trying to do.
Also, since you mention long wires, how long exactly? Wire resistance does matter.

how do i put a pic up so you can see a picture of the board

I got a picture of the board but dont know how to put it up its on my pc. And if anyone has any ??S I have an instant messenger earthlink, can use aol to talk to me. Sn is cloudkicker5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back