Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A few questions I REALLY need answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

I have a few things to ask:

1. I need to get my hands on schematics for an SNES Button LED Indicator. What I mean is, something I can plug my SNES controllers into that has an LED indicating that a button was pressed. Not just any button, but one Led for each button. Schematics (or any other help for that matter) would be greatly appreciated.

2. Almost EVERY circuit board I've ever seen has these components:
**broken link removed**
What are they? I've been told they are resistors, is that true? Besides the fact that they are flat and VERY small, is there any other special thing about them?
3. I need schematics for something that I can plug my PC mouse into, so that I can use it as an SNES mouse. A pc mouse to SNES adapter. Can someone help at all?

Oh yeah, one more thing:

4. How can I have one switch that switches multiple lines?

Yeah i think that component is a resistor, i managed to melt one in my ps2 and now it no longer plays p21 games, when i ordered spares they said they were resistors.

First off - Your SNES controllers are not parallel devices. There is a Serial converter chip inside each controller that converts and "pressed Button" information into serial data, which is then clocked into the SNES. If you want to put LEDs on each pushbutton (which I cant understand why you would want to) you're going to have to get real creative and stuff a bunch of 2N2222 transistors (as buffers), limit resistors and (or course) LEDs into your controller.

Second – Those are SMDs (Surface Mount Devices). There are Resistors, Diodes, Capacitors, and Transistors etc…. The one pictured is a resistor. It is probably a high tolerance (1%), that’s why it has four numbers. If your not sure what it is, look at the circuit board for a hint. That pictured resistor is labeled “R10”, for Resistor number 10 in the schematic. Diodes will be, for example D10 – Capacitors C10… etc….

I hope this answered your questions. 8)

So, there's no way to make an interface that I can plug my SNES controllers right into? I'd have to take it apart? And to answer your question, I want to do that because... yeah I just think it would be cool and I need practice with electronics. :lol: I just want an external interface that I can plug my SNES controllers into (don't worry, I already have my connection all figured out) and "LED 1" will tell me when "A" is pressed, "LED 2" will tell me when "B" is pressed and so on.

I gotta just come right out and say it... I'm... I'm... a NEWBIE!! :shock: :lol: Anyway, because of that, the only thing that will help me at all is schematics. So if anyone could give me some that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back